Best answer

How do I make Giphy to send a random gif inside a Discord chat?

• 29 April 2023
  • 1 reply

i’ve been trying recently to get a bot to do this, but zapier is the only one that can almost achieve the task i want.

Basically i want at a certain hour, every day, for zapier to send a gif based on a keyword set by me.
The only problem i have encountered so far is to make the discord extension to reset the url made by giphy and use the new one.

There is any way currently for me to make this work ? Thank you !

icon

Best answer by laurie 1 May 2023, 17:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Heya @Mistery!

You could create a Zap that triggers using Schedule by Zapier for the exact time each day you want the Gif to be posted. In the action step, use the Giphy integration to find a gif based on your keyword. Then, in your last step, use the Post a Channel Message in Discord to post the image that was found in your search step. As long as you map that field from the Giphy step, this would send a new image each day.

I have a much more elaborate set up if you wanted to randomize this even further. You can check out the blog post I wrote about how to do this.

Hope that helps!