Question

How do I make a URI dynamic for all tracks added in a string on Zapier?

• 18 January 2024
  • 8 replies

I stumbled upon this thread, which seemingly had the solution I was looking for, but I still don’t understand how to fix it.

Because the only potential URI I’m getting, is for the specific singular track. How exactly do I make it dynamic? I can press format to change it, so I assume I am to put a string, but I can’t figure out what string to put, to just make it “all the tracks added”, essentially.

Help, please?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Viccy 

To help us have more context about your Zap, please post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

Hi @Viccy 

To help us have more context about your Zap, please post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

K so, I added New Track Added to Playlist as the trigger, and Add Items to Playlist as the event:

As for the trigger playlist, I chose the playlist for Discover Weekly in this first example (I have two, one for Release Radar as well with the same issue):

When it asks me to test, it pulls three different records, with three different tracks on it; says they’re the most recent. I’m only allowed to choose one here, and if I click find new it gives me the same three with this explanation:

So I just continue with one of them, since my options are limited.

When I get to action, it allows me to choose from a bunch of different options that links to that specific track, that’s connected to one specific track:

Now however, I just discovered something called Type: track, which I thought was the solution I was now looking for.

Sadly however, when I test it:

So that wasn’t the “just add all added tracks to playlist” solution I was looking for, sadly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Viccy 

Check the field description for guidance about the expected valid value.

@Viccy

Check the field description for guidance about the expected valid value.

I think you’re misunderstanding me here? I know it says that, but it’s supposed to figure out what all the new tracks that are added to the playlist runningly are, and add them to the new playlist. If I have to go into Zapier and manually add the new ones every time, that’s not automation, that’s several extra steps lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Viccy 

Have you tried turning the Zap ON and testing live?

You should be able map like this, which is a variable with a dynamic value each time the Zap is triggered to run.

The screenshot shows the expected value formats for the field.

Above you can see the variable value matches the expected type, so that should work.

So if 10 new tracks are added to the playlist, then that will trigger 10 Zap Runs.

@Viccy

Have you tried turning the Zap ON and testing live?

You should be able map like this, which is a variable with a dynamic value each time the Zap is triggered to run.

The screenshot shows the expected value formats for the field.

Above you can see the variable value matches the expected type, so that should work.

So if 10 new tracks are added to the playlist, then that will trigger 10 Zap Runs.

Yes, I’ve tested it, and it only adds that one track, just like it did for the person in the thread I linked to with the same issue. The proposed solution in the thread just didn’t solve my problem, as I found nothing within the custom tab that solved it for me. So I have no idea how they solved it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Viccy

If you test the Zap step manually in the Zap Editor, it will only add the Track that you have selected in your Zap trigger example.

Did you tested with the Zap ON?

Ok so for some reason it worked with the Release Radar list, but not the Discover Weekly, despite them being practically the same.

So I did it manually this week and then hopefully next week it’ll work. Thanks insofar Troy.