Best answer

How do I log Stripe SEPA payments in Google Sheets?

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello every one ! 

Does any one of you know how to keep a log of Stripe payment made via SEPA?

We have a zap that adds a row in a google sheet as soon as there is a new payment in stripe, but the SEPA payments are not added and it seems it doesn’t even trigger the zap.

Is there another way to do it for SEPA?

Thanks a lot, 

Lucas

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 December 2023, 11:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Wellow123! 👋

I did some digging and it seems that you’re running into a bug with the Stripe app where certain kinds of payments like the SEPA payments aren’t triggering Zaps as expected. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being affected by this issue. I can’t give any estimates as to when it will be resolved by but you’ll definitely get an email from us as soon as it’s fixed.

Are you able to have email notifications sent to you via Stripe when a new SEPA payment is made? If so, and those emails contain the information that needs to be added to the Google Sheets spreadsheet then you can set up a Zap that uses an app like Email Parser by Zapier to trigger for each email notification, parse out the relevant information and add it to the spreadsheet. You can learn more about how to set up Email Parser here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails   

Not an ideal workaround I know but hopefully it will help in the meantime! 🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi @SamB 

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Nice to know it’s a known issue and a fix is coming. 

I was thinking to add an endpoint in our stripe webhook part, sending request to a zap triggered by a webhook, to then add a row in our sheet. Do you think this would be a reliable workaround too?

I’ll check if we receive email in the case of SEPA, thanks for sharing ;)

Have a good day ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Wellow123,

That could work. However, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don’t want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected.

If you need help with setting up Webhooks by Zapier, I’d recommend going through these:

We also have a directory of Zapier Experts that can help you with Webhooks. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ken.a 

Thanks for you help, and sorry for the delay, missed it!

Yes, I understand, thanks a lot for sharing these documentions.

Have a great day, 

Lucas

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

Just popping by with a quick update to share that the bug report has since been closed recently! To resolve this issue a new trigger was added to the Stripe app - New Charge. This New Charge trigger should run for the other types of charges in Stripe that the New Payments trigger wasn’t able to trigger on. ​Please do give that new trigger a try to see if it will work for your needs here.

If you run into any questions or issues with it do get in touch. And in the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡