Question

How do I link squarespace products to stripe products?

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to use squarespace with multiple stores on it, and I would like my customers to be able to make a cart on square space and have the information of what they purchased transferred to Stripe so that I can split the transaction. For context customers are ordering food from local restaurants on my website, and I want to split the transaction to go to the restaurant, and to myself for delivery fee, using Stripes “Connect” service. 

Stripe can see payments come through, but I can't find a way to automatically have stripe recognize the products purchased so that multiple parties can receive funds.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions for different applications that can achieve this?

Thank you for your time,

-Quinton

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Quinton_Prouty 

Welcome to the Community! 😊

I checked our documents about Stripe and it looks like they should return product details.

Just to confirm, have you already created a Zap? If so, are you not seeing the product details on the Zap run?

Looking forward to your response! I’m keen to have this sorted. 😊

Userlevel 1

I haven't tried making a Zap yet, but Zapier seemed like it might have options that can help.

For more context I currently trying to resolve my issue using only SquareSpace and Stripe… I'm trying to be able to create a product on my square space store and have that same product on my stripe products page, so customers on my website can make a cart of items that stripe can recognize… I hade originally thought stripe could do this automatically, or maybe even manually by linking APIs, but I can't get my website products to show up on my stripe products, it really only gives my metadata

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, 

-Quinton 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Quinton_Prouty I want to be sure I am understanding correctly, you have not yet set up the Zap and are currently exploring your options? 

If not, please check out the awesome integration options for connecting Stripe to SquareSpace here. 😃