Question

How do I link a Thinkific membership course and collect payments via ThriveCart?

• 13 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi!

Is there any tutorial on how to link a thinkific membership course and collect payments via thrivecart?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @javsid94 

Good question.

Might be best to review the available Zap triggers/actions for each app.

Thinkific: https://zapier.com/apps/thinkific/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Thrivecart: https://zapier.com/apps/thrivecart/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @javsid94! Thanks for reaching out and we definitely want to help!

Sometimes it helps to think of zaps in terms of "When this happens (trigger) in ThriveCart, do that (action) in Thinkific”. From there, as Troy mentioned, checking out available triggers and actions in those apps is a great jumping off point. 🤗

Based off what you’re looking for a sequence that could work may be:

1. Trigger “Product Purchased” - ThriveCart
  2. Action “Enroll User” - Thinkific

Do you think that could work? 

I know you mentioned specifically you were looking to email users their information. I imagine that could be something you’d setup on the Thinkific side to send an email anytime new users are enrolled, so it may be worth messing around in Thinkific to see your options! If there isn’t, here’s a blog post from Thinkific on Creating Automated Email Workflows. If you decide to go this route Zapier has integrations for all the apps listed in the article!

Finally I wanted to share some resources for if you’re just getting started with Zapier that may be useful:

I hope some of this helps! Once you’re up and running keep us posted with any other questions you may have. 🙂

We have a great and supportive community here so there’s almost always someone who’s down to lend a hand! 👋🏽

Happy Zapping! ⚡️

Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve set up the Zap but when I try to run it, my thinkific account gets disconnected.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@javsid94 

Thinkific Zap help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/thinkific/help

About Thinkific's Integration

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @javsid94 , I wanted to stop by and see if you needed any assistance still? I agree with Troy, it appears this may be a permissions issue. 

Thank you! Turns out the Thinkific plan I’m on doesn’t support that. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @javsid94

So sorry to hear you won’t be able to achieve the desired workflow here without changing your Thinkific plan to the Pro Plan with the Growth add on. Normally I’d suggest trying maybe to use a Webhooks by Zapier step, as a workaround to connect to the Thinkific API, but I suspect their API would also require a that Pro Plan as well. So we’re at a bit of a dead end here unfortunately. 

If you do discover a workaround for your desired workflow please do let us know! 🙂