Best answer

How do I increase Microsoft Outlook's attachment size limit in Zapier?

• 8 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Does anyone know if there are any plans for Outlook to increase their attachment size, 3MB is so low :( 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 September 2022, 12:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, @Buttonjer!

Right now, it’s not possible to increase the limit on attachment sizes due to the way that the Microsoft API (the code that lets it talk to other apps, like Zapier) works.

I have added you to a feature request asking for larger attachment sizes on for the send email action in the Outlook integration, which means that if there is an update, we’ll send you an email to let you know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Buttonjer 

Good question.

A workaround would be to link to hosted files in the body of the email rather than attach files to emails.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Buttonjer 

Good question.

A workaround would be to link to hosted files in the body of the email rather than attach files to emails.

Troy, I guess Drive would be the easiest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Buttonjer 

Any popular cloud storage drive will work, just make sure the hosted linked file settings are configured so the file is publicly accessible, which you can test by pasting the file url in a new private browser.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Buttonjer

Any popular cloud storage drive will work, just make sure the hosted linked file settings are configured so the file is publicly accessible, which you can test by pasting the file url in a new private browser.

Great, thanks - I might work on changing about 50 zaps that currently email PDF’s over to this today. I currently use DocuPilot for PDF creation, from memory they provide a document link so might need to skip a step here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just wanted to pop by here to share that the limit was since upped to 150MB for the Microsoft Outlook Send Email and Create Draft actions! 😁

That said, if you do find that it’s not working as expected for files under that size please let us know in the Community or reach out to our Support team and we’ll be happy to help.

Until then, happy Zapping! ⚡