Best answer

How do I get Zapier to recognise an unticked box in Google Sheets?

• 21 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a zap which sends a row from one google sheet to another when a check box is ticked. I notice that the zap now says the check box column is considered updated even when new a row is added and the box is empty. It does say I can use a filter step to ensure that this doesn't happen. 

The problem is Zapier doesn't seem to recognise the empty check box as a value I can filter by.

Does anyone know how I can get Zapier to register an empty check box so that I can filter by whether it is empty or ticked?

icon

Best answer by SamB 21 March 2023, 10:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Laurence Hidson!

I just did a test in one of my Google Sheets with a checkbox column and it looks like empty checkboxes come through with a value of FALSE:
694be0b45f5420f6fb6c5bd904c706f5.png
And they come through as TRUE when they’re checked.

Are you getting a TRUE or FALSE value in the column that contains the checkbox for the row? 

If so, you could set up the Filter to see if the value in the checkbox column has a value of TRUE. That would mean that the Zap would only continue if the checkbox is ticked.

Hopefully that helps. Please keep us in the loop on this!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Sam, thanks for that. It has worked. You were right about the TRUE/FALSE value. So now my zap works only when the check box is ticked.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! 🎉 Thanks so much for confirming that, @Laurence Hidson. I’m thrilled to hear it worked! 😁