Best answer

How do I filter on a specific phrase within a threaded Slack message?

I am trying to create a ZAP that will look for a phrase like 18 out of 20, 19 out of 20, etc. however, this phrase is within a threaded reply.  Is it possible to have a ZAP that can review threads and post a message to another Slack room any time the first number is less then 20? I’m struggling with getting ZAP to look into threaded replies.

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 7 July 2022, 12:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @testOverflow happy to help here! It looks like we should be able to pick up on threaded replies, based on other posts around the topic: 

Which Slack trigger are you using? Who is posting the reply in the thread - a bot or user? 

Also, if it’s helpful, this is how you would set up a filter within your Zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

Let us know!

Thanks Jesse!

I would go to set up a filter from the Slack trigger. However, the Slack Trigger does not show the Trigger message I need to use because it is Threaded.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, @testOverflow 

I did some testing, and it looks like Slack isn’t pulling in message threads anymore. We have a feature request open for a New Thread trigger, so I’ve added you to the list of interested users. I can’t guarantee it’ll be added, but if it is, we’ll let you know.

I'm so sorry we don't have a great solution for you right now. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Hey, @testOverflow 

I did some testing, and it looks like Slack isn’t pulling in message threads anymore. We have a feature request open for a New Thread trigger, so I’ve added you to the list of interested users. I can’t guarantee it’ll be added, but if it is, we’ll let you know.

I'm so sorry we don't have a great solution for you right now. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Hi Michelle, could you please add me to the list as well? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @reptileeb! I’ve got you added and we’ll email you as soon as a fix is in place. Thanks for your patience!