Question

How do I filter HubSpot Triggers by Additional Properties?

• 21 November 2023
  • 12 replies

When adding a trigger from Hubspot I am able to select “Additional Properties to Retrieve” 

But when I try and add a filter based on this property is does not come up in the options: 

I have made sure that the selected record has values populated for that field. I have tried searching for contact_type and other variations and it does not appear in the dropdown.

How do I filter my trigger based on the additional properties I have selected? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DataDarren 

Good question.

Try searching for the value of the field to help you narrow the list of dynamic variables to select.

Search where? I’ve added it to the Additional Properties and it is not showing up anywhere else. It is not showing up under the Only Continue If filter

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren 

Try instead to search for the value of the HubSpot field you are trying to select.

e.g. If Contact Type has a value of XYZ from the sample record returned in Step 1, then search for “XYZ” instead of “contact type”.

Tried it, didn’t work.

Does Zapier actually allow Additionally Selected Fields to populate as columns in these types of blocks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren 

Any data point variable returned from a previous Zap step can be used in a Filter step.

Did you configure the trigger step example you have selected returned the desired data point?

Provide screenshots as proof.

The property does not show up in the ‘Select Record’ list of fields.

Have I missed something so far?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren 

I created a custom Contact property in HubSpot called: Contact Type

I updated a Contact in HubSpot for Contact Type = X.

In the Zap trigger, I clicked the button [Find new records], which pull in new records.

I selected the newest returned record.

It shows the “contact_type” field with a value of X.

In the Zap Filter step...

I searched for “type” which returned the variable to select.
I search for “x”, which returned the variable to select.

Then maybe its the data type? The Property I’m trying to use is a multiple select type. Is that supported?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren 

No issue with a multiple checkbox field.

Maybe it’s an issue with your HubSpot settings/permissions.

Also, you’ve yet to provide screenshots of the DATA OUT from the HubSpot trigger step examples.

Any ideas on what permission within HubSpot it might be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren

Check the property settings.

Make sure the connected HubSpot account has access to the field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DataDarren 

Topic to reference: