Question

How do I extract and upload only mp4 files from a Dropbox folder to Vimeo using Zapier?

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am a teacher who teaches students on Zoom. 

After class, I upload a recorded file to Vimeo so that students can see it.

Currently, I made a Zap to automatically upload video files to Vimeo when the file is uploaded from my designated Dropbox Folder. 

But the problem is that Zoom saves some files with mp4 file in the form of folders in Dropbox, but in this case, Zap doesn't work.

So I just want to pull the mp4 file out of the folder that Zoom saved automatically. 
What should I do?

please help me

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good day

All the mp4 files from zoom start with video so a filter to only post on Vimeo when the file has video in the name could help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Sua,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

The Dropbox “New File in Folder” trigger returns the file extension in the sample data. I’d recommend using Filter by Zapier - Only Contains condition for the Zap to only continue if the extension is .mp4.

You can learn more about Filter by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276332557-Add-conditions-to-Zaps-with-filters

Hopefully, this helps!