Question

How do I extract and summarize web page content, excluding menus and fitting within token limits?"

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

i want to grab web pages and summarize them but when i tried it in Make.com i exceeded the token limit on openai gpt3.5.  

Zapier has a lot more going on and I’m newer with it just wondering if someone can give me a clue which tools to try to make sure i get just the text, and it fits in the window, despite the web page having a lot of garbage on it like menus and all that.  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @ryanscott! 👋

We’ve got a tutorial that covers how to use AI to summarize articles on a website that sounds like it would be a good fit for what you’re looking to do here: How to use AI to summarize articles with Zapier and GPT-3

That tutorial also talks about how you can use Web Parser by Zapier to get just the content from the page (so it would remove the menus etc.) and pass that over to the OpenAI app to produce a summary. 

Hopefully that helps to get you pointed in the right direction here. If you run into any issues in setting that up just let us know! 🙂