Best answer

How do I ensure scheduled Zap runs still execute after turning off an old version with a Delay step?

• 8 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

If I stop a zap, will it cancel all of the waiting/delayed steps in zap runs?

I am making a new version of one of my zaps to get around the 30 day limit on waiting. 

The new version is set up to use Google Calendar to trigger events farther in the future. BUT, I want to make sure that when I turn off the old version (that uses the standard Delay step), all of the waiting zaps that were created with that version still execute.  

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 8 May 2023, 03:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MrCreosote 

You can read the details here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496061204621-Common-Problems-with-Delay#why-is-my-delay-releasing-immediately--0-4

yes, that will stop the delayed actions.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the link Rob. 

If changing a Zap stops all the delay actions, I may have already caused problems. However, it does not seem like this is the case because I made some changes to my original zap and there are still a bunch of Zap runs for it in the history that are marked Waiting. 

If changing the zap does not actually abort the waiting steps, I think I can just disable the actions in the original zap so I can keep it turned on to trigger the waiting steps. 
If that is not the case, then I am going to have to manually recreate all of those notices somehow.