Question

How do I delete Calendly event from Google Calendar?

• 9 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I have been racking my brain for the last day or so.

Currently I have Zapier set up as so:

Calendly creates booking → Create new event in Google Calendar and it works perfectly.

The issue is deleting it off the Calendar when it’s cancelled.

To Clarify:

Invitee Canceled in Calendly trigger → Find event (Search Term: Event UUID *matches both booked and cancelled events* / Tested and it finds the event!) → Delete Event (Custom → 2. Find Event in Google Calendar → Event 2. Description: *EVENT UUID* → Test and I get an error and Calendar doesn’t delete it.

If I cancel within Calendly, it doesn’t not delete within Google Calendar.

I made sure that the booking itself also features the EVENT UUID in the actual Calendar listing upon making the Calendar booking in the first place!

Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tencino!

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble deleting a calendar event in your Zap.  

It sounds like you’ve got a lot of the steps right, so let’s see if we can get you over the finish line together. For the Delete event step, you need to use the Event ID from Google Calendar as the custom value for the event field. Is that what you have in that field? I wasn’t sure from your description if you just have the event ID or something else. Could you send us a screenshot of that step as that should help to clarify things? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!