Best answer

How do I create recurring events in the Outlook Calendar and add a timezone in my Zap?

• 26 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I've created a zap that creates outlook calendar events based on a Monday items.

The board uses a timeline column for the dates. Sometimes I need to create a 2 day event for example:

Mon - Tue,  9:00-17:00 both days.

1. Is there a way to create this recurring event? 
  2. How do I add the timezone (central Europe) correctly?

Thanks in adavance!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 May 2022, 19:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Didi80!

It’s not possible to create a recurring event (eg something that happens every Monday, Once a month, etc), but for something like the above example you could create an All day event and have it start and finish on Monday and Tuesday respectively. I know that doesn’t quite cover what you’re looking for, sorry about that. We do have an open feature request for the option to Create recurring events and I’ve added you to that, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update on that. 

Timezones are tricky things! Every app handles time in a different way, so this may need some experimenting. The first thing to do is to check that your Zap is in the correct time zone, which you can do in the Zap settings

If the timezone field is blank, the Zap will be using the timezone settings for your account, which can be found in your Account Settings

Setting your Zap timezone fixes a lot of timezone issues, but sometimes apps send time in a way that cant be converted by the Zap. If that’s the case, then you’ll need to add a Formatter by Zapier step into your Zap. In the Formatter step choose the ‘Date/Time’ option and for the ‘Transform’ select ‘Format’. This Formatter step can then convert the time to the correct timezone.  

I hope that helps, let us know if you need some more help with the timezone!