Best answer

How do I create Google Drive folder and insert link into Asana task when moving to a specific section?

• 13 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Hope someone can help! When I move an Asana task to a specific section, I want to automatically create a Google Drive folder and place a link into a field inside the Asana task. I am goofing somewhere and would appreciate help getting around this bottleneck. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 13 July 2023, 07:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RJE,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve contacted our Support team regarding this question. Here’s their latest response:

I'm sorry for the delayed response, as we're experiencing a higher-than-normal email volume at this time.

I appreciate the loom recording you've provided.

Looking at the Zap it seems like we can still be able to set it up more efficiently by utilizing the Find steps Create Google Drive Folder if it doesn’t exist yet? Function to have 2 actions in a single action step.

• Trigger 1. New Subtask in Asana Filter  
  • Action 2. Only continue if… Formatter
  • Action 3. Text in Formatter by Zapier OpenAI 
  • Action 4. Send Prompt in OpenAI
  • Action 6. Find a Folder in Google Drive
  • Action 5. Update Task in Asana

Please give this a shot and let me know how this works for you. Happy to help.

I suggest continuing the conversation with our Support team so that they can take a closer look at the Zap that you’re working on and provide a thorough response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 1

Great feedback. It worked! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RJE,

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that our Support team’s suggestion worked.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

Something is wrong and its not working correctly. I don't know what happened. Would appreciate support. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RJE,

I’m so sorry to hear that the Zap is not working correctly. Before we dive deeper into this, could you kindly provide us with some additional details about what's going wrong? Any specific error messages you're encountering in your Zap History would be immensely helpful. The more information you can share, the better we can pinpoint the problem and find a solution.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken,

Found a youtube video that helped me solve the problem. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @RJE!

I hope everything works perfectly now. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. Happy Zapping!  🚀