Skip to main content

Haven’t had much success in getting this setup but has anyone been able to make a Zap that creates an OOO event in GCal? I can get it to do a regular event however this doesn’t have the auto-decline meetings ability that the OOO does. I tried the Custom actions and the AI bot but I can’t get everything setup as I want it (using attendees, variables, etc). 

Hi @DBeauFLX, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

I did some checking on this end and found that we’ve got an open feature request for the ability to create OOO events. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that feature request. While I can’t make any promises around when/if it will be added we’ll definitely send you an email notification once it is!

In the meantime, using Custom Actions (or an API Request (Beta) action) is a good way to go! It may just take a bit more tweaking to get the AI to set up the request as needed. But if you can share a screenshot of where you’re currently at with the set up of the action I’d be happy to take a look and advise what might need to be tweaked to get things working. Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

For the request itself it looks like the Custom Action would need to use the Events: insert endpoint and set the eventType to outOfOffice:
33401d65210e80c95bf7829f37eacd69.png

Looking forward to hearing from you!