Question

How do I create a Zap to automatically share new Wordpress posts to a Facebook group?

• 21 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I am new to Zapier. trying to create a Zap that triggers once a new post is published on my wordpress website. The Zap should then copy the contents of the page (text, image, video or any other material) or post a link to the wordpress new port on Facebook.

When configurung the facebook group Step, I don’t find the option as which text to fetch. It’s always fiexed option (a specific page to post to fb). What I want is to post any new post and not a specific one.

TIA

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mo.Soliman 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 
Thank you for your reply.

This is my wordpress step configuration

an this is the “post to FB Group” step configuration

I am not sure this covers all the details you want to see.. If not, please let me know and I can send you other details

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mo.Soliman 

The mapped dynamic variable value for the Link URL is not a link, rather it’s HTML, which won’t work.

@Mo.Soliman

The mapped dynamic variable value for the Link URL is not a link, rather it’s HTML, which won’t work.

How can I then write a url which is dynamic to fetch actually the latest post on wordpress?

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mo.Soliman 

Can you post screenshots of the data points returned from WordPress in Step 1?

@Troy Tessalone 
Yes.. sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mo.Soliman 

Have you tried using this variable?

@Troy Tessalone 
yes.. this worked.

in my ZAP wordpress configuration, i stated that the event is a “new post”

The way I understand it, that this ZAP will start with any “new post”. Is it then possible to post this URL of  the “new post” to FB Group?

Thank you very much in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mo.Soliman 

When in doubt, test it out!