Question

How do I create a subtask in Asana using Zapier with a delay?

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all, I am utilizing one Zap to establish an Asana task successfully. However, when I attempt to create a subtask using a separate Zap, I am encountering difficulties.

The challenge arises because the subtask has specific conditions that prevent its direct inclusion within the initial Zap. I am speculating that this issue may be due to both Zaps being triggered simultaneously, potentially causing interference with the subtask creation process. I have experimented with introducing a delay, but I have not achieved the desired success.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions regarding this matter.

My second Zap:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Greenvines , 

Can you share a screenshot of the first zap? 

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia 

My first zap. 

Further, I pressed "retest step," and the first Zap and second Zap can be connected normally, but it doesn't work when I let it run automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Greenvines 

Good question.

Please provide more detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured.

It’s unclear what Step 2 is doing.

Step 3 is using a legacy action that should be updated to use the newer action.

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia 

I’m not sure what you want to see. Step 2 is to create task. I think maybe see the result is clear? My first zap will create the task and subtask like this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Greenvines 

You should not need this Zap step: Asana - Find Task

For the Zap step to Create Subtask, try mapping the Task ID from this Zap step: Asana - Create Task