Best answer

How do I create a new WordPress category for a new user with Zapier?

• 19 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I understand from Zapier’s AI that it does have the capability to create a new category in Wordpress.  I don’t see that as a basic feature though.  I’m trying to create a category for a new user added in WP with their UserID.  Then, I’ll create post(s) with Zapier.  The post part, I’ve done.  But to existing categories.  

Any suggestions on how to get zapier to trigger when a new WP user is added, and then to create a new category in WP with that userID… would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by ken.a 20 July 2023, 07:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Norm77,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Unfortunately, the “Create Category” action for WordPress is not available at the moment. The current integration can only work with pre-existing categories. We do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality, and I have added you as another interested member to that feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you might want to use the “API Request (Beta)” action to send a POST request to WordPress to create a new category. Please note that “API Request (Beta)” is an advanced action step so our Support is limited for that. That said, If you’re familiar with API’s, here’s a link to the relevant section of WordPress’ API. And here are a couple of Zapier help docs on how the action works in Zapier: 

Also, we have a directory of certified Zapier Experts that can help you setup your “API Request (Beta)”. You can reach them here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊