Skip to main content

Hey!

I have a Project intake sheet and when the status is updated to WON I want Zapeir to create a new task in our task tracker.

1. Is it possible to filter the trigger/action to take place only when the value of a column is updated to a specific value, and if so how is that done, I don’t see how that is possible.
  2. How do I map the columns in the new row I I creating, can I input custom text in the new wow or do the column names need to align...meaning does nte new row being created need to have exact same names as the row I am monitoring for updates?

I usually don’t have trouble figuring out how to create Zaps of this type but for thi sone it does not seem to be apparent.

Thanks Stephen

Hi @Stephen Wiant 

You can add a Filter as Step 2 to check that the column has desired value.

https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Help article for how to configure Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

If you need more help, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

@Troy Tessalone I forgot the filter step, so that worked.  do you have any insight on the second part of my post?

How do I map the columns in the new row I I creating, can I input custom text in the new wow or do the column names need to align...meaning does nte new row being created need to have exact same names as the row I am monitoring for updates?

The goal here is that when a status is changed in my project intake Smartsheet I want to create a new task in the task tracker.  I want to map certain fields in the project intake sheet to the task tracking sheet, as well as fill in other colunm data in the task sheet with text that is NOT in the project intake sheet.  

When I try to test my Zap it is telling me it cannot add the row because the mappings are not indicated, but I don’t see where I can map the fields?

Thannks for the help

as you can see I get the list of fields but it does not let me map them to fields in the project intake sheet, or add custom text.

@Troy Tessalone - Never mind.  Apparently it takes a few minutes for the zap to gather the data, it is now allowing me to edit the mapping in a way that I understand.  Not sure if it just was slow doing it or I did something different, but it appears to be working now.