Question

How do I create a new Affinity list from Splash event and update profiles with accepted or declined RSVPs?

• 10 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to push data from Splash into our Affinity.

These are responses from invites for events sent using Splash and we would like the responses to ideally:

• Create a new list in Affinity based on the title of the event from Splash
  • Update people’s profile’s in Affinity with either a Note or other interaction to say that they accepted or declined the event

I have been working on the workflows but can’t seem to see the options that I need.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ato, thanks so much for joining the Community! 🙂

It looks like there’s a Create a Note action, so you could potentially use that to add the note to the person in Affinity. But I can’t see any actions that would allow you to create a new list in Affinity and Splash doesn’t appear to have a trigger that would allow you to trigger a Zap when someone declines an event. The New Attendee (Splash) trigger would only trigger for poeple that accept an event it seems. I couldn’t find any existing feature requests for these so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to get a couple of feature requests opened for the ability to create lists in Affinity and trigger on declined RSVPs in Splash. 

That said, looking at Affinity’s API documentation it seems like you might be able to use a Webhooks by Zapier action to create the list - Affinity - Create a New List. Webhooks are an advanced feature though so this might not be a viable option here depending on the Zapier plan you’re on and your how comfortable you are working with webhooks. But if it’s something you’re interested in trying I’d recommend checking out our Send webhooks in Zaps guide for more information on how to get it set up.

And for triggering when someone declines an event, do you happen to get an email notification when that happens? One that would contain details like the name of event and who declined it? If so, you could use an email parsing app (like Email Parser by Zapier) to trigger from those email notifications instead - Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails. Then follow up that Email Parser trigger with a Find a Person (Affinity) search action to find the correct person, and use a Create a Note (Affinity) action to add the note to the person in Affinity.

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Keen to hear how that goes so please do keep us updated here!

Userlevel 1

@SamB 

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this and apologies for not replying sooner.

Really useful response and detail. I’ll check in with the team to see where we want to go from here.

Will post an update on how we get on.