Skip to main content
Question

How do I create a 'Change Coupon' Zap to guide users through a tiered pricing experience?

• 7 February 2024
  • 1 reply

We use Chargebee for our monthly subscription delivery product.

We are currently trying to implement a tiered discount model to entice new sign-ups. It would look like this:

First 5 months = $100 savings

Month 1 = $30 discount

Month 2 = $20 discount

Month 3 = $20 discount

Month 4 = $20 discount

Month 5 = $10 discount

I’m turning over the idea of automating the user through different coupon codes, but i’m having trouble coming up with reliable logic.

So, after the user has exhausted coupon code 1 → replace with coupon code 2

Any thoughts on whether Zapier would be able to fulfil this need?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @unodewaal, welcome to the Community! 👋

Perhaps you could try using paths to add the necessary branching logic to check whether the new payment contained a specific coupon code and send out an email with the next coupon code in the sequence.

For example Path A would check if Coupon 1 was used, then have an action to send the Coupon 2 code. Path B would check if Coupon 2 was used, then have an action to send the Coupon 3 code, and so on. You can learn more about using branching logic here: Add branching logic to Zaps with paths

That said, I should note that paths are only available on Professional or higher plans. So if you’re not on an eligible plan then you might want to look at using filters in multiple Zaps instead. See our Add branching logic to Zaps with filters guide to find out more.

Again, it requires a paid plan (Starter at least) but any tasks carried out by a filter or paths action would not count towards your task usage. See: Use Filter, Formatter, and Paths steps without using your tasks.

Hope that helps to get you headed in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on. Happy to assist if you get stuck at all! 🙂