Best answer

How do I convert a variable name to a string?

• 24 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m having an issue with Monday extracting a Item Id number. I can see the ID name in the output log - {{180329282__name}} (see below screenshot), is it possible to convert that variable’s name into a string somehow?

And here’s the input:

thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 January 2023, 23:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joshmce 

Good question.

The Monday Item Name will be a string.

Can you elaborate about how you are trying to use this data point in your Zap steps?

Thanks Troy. 

Ultimately I’m trying to search for a Monday Item name and get its ID for use later on, but the item names don’t show up as a search option, I can search all the other columns but not Item name.

I managed to duplicate the Item name in Monday into a formula column (which also doesn’t show up in the search, but I manually referenced it), then search the formula column, but the ID number does not come back with the other information. This question was trying to get around the issue by getting the ID number from the name of the variable which I found seemed to have the ID number attached, rather than the data the variable contains. 

I imagine I’m doing something wrong as it seems odd that I can’t just search for a Monday’s Item name, and use the ID from that search in another step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Joshmce 

Try this guide: