Question

How do I connect YouTube Channel Upload Folder with Dropbox?

• 19 August 2023
  • 13 replies

Need help regarding workflow for syncing Youtube Channel Upload Folder with Dropbox.

Anyone can guide me regarding step by step procedure regarding same.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nitesh Wagh 

Good question.

To help us have more context, can you please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I created one folder in my Dropbox account.

I need workaround for uploading any Video on that Dropbox folder directly get uploaded on my YouTube upload video folder.

Can you please help me for the same .

Let me know if we can connect.

Regards,

xxxxx xxxx

+xx-xxxxxxxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nitesh Wagh 

Try these Zap steps:

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Trying the same and let you know soon.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi,

I tried the same but getting attached error.

Can anyone help for same.

I have zapier trial account with e mail id xxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nitesh Wagh 

The error message indicates you need a YouTube paid plan.

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Hi Team,

I created 2 zaps but still it's not working.

All steps done successfully but still video not uploaded to YouTube and any action is not showing into history of Zaps rule.

My account is xxxxxxxxx

Can someone will connect with me on remotely and look into it as we have to test this application as soon as possible.

Give me an call on +xx-xxxxxxxxx if any other information needed from my side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Nitesh Wagh! 👋

The “Due to spam, YouTube video uploads are limited for non-paying accounts” error you’re seeing usually occurs when you’re on a Free or Trial Zapier plan and attempt to upload more than 5 videos to YouTube in a day.

You’d need to wait 24 hours before you’ll be able to successfully test that YouTube action without running into that same error. You can find out more details about this here: I can't upload more than 5 videos in a day 

Can you try retesting the YouTube action again once enough time has passed and let us know whether it’s then able to go through without error?

Hi Team,

Anyone can help me as why video triggering not happening from my account.

I am still struggling for same but issue yet not resolved.

Let me know if you needed any other information from my side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues here, @Nitesh Wagh. With the previous issue, were you able to successfully upload a video to YouTube after waiting 24 hours?

For the new issue, when you say “why video triggering not happening from my account” - am I correct in thinking that the Zap is switched on but failing to trigger for new video files added into Dropbox?

If so, can you confirm whether the files are being added into Dropbox via the Dropbox desktop app, rather than being uploaded via dropbox.com? Asking as I spotted there’s a bug where files added via the Dropbox desktop app are not being triggered on so wanted to double-check whether that’s the case here before adding you to that. If you upload the file via the Dropbox website instead does the Zap trigger successfully and upload the video to YouTube?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Hi SamB,

Thanks for your last information.

That issue has been resolved now.

Right now, i need help for creating below zaps as i created the same but its work only for particular folder which i was selected while creating zap rule not for all new folders will create.

Can anyone help me for this, what changes i need to do for same

I created one folder "All Channels Content in my Dropbox. This is Main Folder.

Inside this, i created sub channels folder like Channel A, Channe B, Channel C.

Respective User will create New Folder insider respective Channel and upload mp4 file their and it should be upload to link YouTube Channel Automatically.

3 Separate Zaps need to be configured for this, is this correct as its link to different channel account?

Also need file name similar to file name present for that particular mp4 file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I created the zap for above mentioned scenario but it work for only one particular folder not for other new folder which i created in same directory.

Can you please suggest what changes need to be done at this time, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear that’s been resolved now @Nitesh Wagh! 😁 

Is the Dropbox action that’s being halted searching for the sub folder so that it can then upload the file into it? If so, I’m not sure that will be necessary.

Am I correct in thinking that the sub folders on Dropbox always be the same 3 folders e.g. channels A, B and C? And that whenever a mp4 file is uploaded into one of those folders by the user it needs to be uploaded to the corresponding to the YouTube channel?

If so, in order to sync the file to the correct folder you would set up a Zap for each folder/channel. The New File in Folder (Dropbox) trigger has the option to select the specific folder so you could set up each Zap to look at a specific folder. Then follow that trigger up with an Upload Video (YouTube) action that would upload the video to a specific channel.

So you’d have 3 Zaps:

Zap 1 - Channel A

• Trigger: New File in Folder (Dropbox) - triggers for files added to folder A
  • Action: Upload Video (YouTube) - uploads to channel A

Zap 2 - Channel B

• Trigger: New File in Folder (Dropbox) - triggers for files added to folder B
  • Action: Upload Video (YouTube) - uploads to channel B

Zap 3 - Channel C

• Trigger: New File in Folder (Dropbox) - triggers for files added to folder C
  • Action: Upload Video (YouTube) - uploads to channel C

That should ensure that whenever a file is uploaded to one of those three specific folders on Dropbox, the file will then be uploaded to the relevant YouTube Channel.

Do you think that would work for your needs here? If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues in setting this up just let us know. Happy to help further!