Question

How do I connect Typeform to Flodesk to setup a mailing list?

• 15 December 2023
  • 19 replies

I have my typeform quiz created with a place to input name and email address right before they get their quiz results. I have my flodesk segment prepped and ready to go with the “wedding style segment.” It is asking me to select the option for the client email address and names but now I have no idea which to select because none of the options look like the email address input. I’m not sure how to move forward from here.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @stephwoodphoto 

Good question.

Make sure to test the Typeform by submitting a form with all the fields populated.

Make sure the necessary fields are required on thee Typeform.

You can refresh your trigger step examples by clicking the button: [Find New Records]

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I have made sure the typeform works and allows me to input my information. 

I have clicked “refresh fields” multiple times but nothing changes. 

It’s not letting me attach a screen recording or I would share that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

Did you go thru and test the Typeform by submit a live example? (Then refresh the Zap trigger example.)

Loom.com can be used for screen recordings.

Yep I did that too 

Here you go: https://www.loom.com/share/be7add975c9d4e4eb6a9a3d4de805430?sid=918d2507-beef-453d-9335-b6c492a1cc4c

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

You need to go to the Zap trigger (step 1) and click the button to [Find New Records], then select a new record, then configure the Zap action steps.

Oh I see now. Then do I click my own email address and my own name? Is that just a sample? 

I added a step to capitalize the first letter of each word - will it show up twice in the email as it does here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

Yes, that’s the data you submitted via Typeform as seen in your Loom video.

Also, is there a way to automatically respond with their specific test results in the email? How would I set that up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in the EDIT mode to have more context.

In edit mode on Typeform? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in the EDIT mode to have more context.

I don’t know exactly what you need screenshots of?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in the EDIT mode to have more context. (with the variables mapped between steps)

I believe I just sent that screenshot above? Is that not in edit mode? I just have those three steps in the screen shot above

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto

This shows us the outline order of your Zap steps.

This does not show us how each Zap step is configured in EDIT mode.

For example, the “Action” section in your Zap action steps that shows how each field is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto 

Step 3, you have 2 variables mapped from previous steps.

You’ll want to remove the variable mapped from Step 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@stephwoodphoto

You may have to explore using the Flodesk API to be able to pass other fields into Flodesk via the Zap possibly thru custom fields.

Using app APIs is an advanced approach that requires knowledge of technical concepts.

https://developers.flodesk.com/?_gl=1*1xm67g*_ga*NjQ2OTE3NjgzLjE3MDI2NjkzNzU.*_ga_SHJDGKPK06*MTcwMjY2OTM3NC4xLjAuMTcwMjY2OTM3NC42MC4wLjA.#tag/subscriber/operation/createOrUpdateSubscriber