Best answer

How do I change a Zap to update the ZOHO CRM Project Notes field rather than overwrite it?

• 1 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am new to Zapier and am looking to change a Zap to do an update to ZOHO CRM Project Notes field rather than a overwrite.  How is that done.

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 2 August 2022, 23:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @GregHarm! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! We definitely want to help.

Do you mind clarifying a bit more about your desired workflow? Sometimes it helps to frame like:

"When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app."

That might help give us a better idea whether this is is possible. Thanks so much! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GregHarm 

If you are looking to append information to a field rather than replace it I would try to first search for the record in Zoho which would return any information that was already in the field. 

Then, in your update step, map the field from the previous step AND map whatever additional information you want.  That way you preserve the old value and append new information.