Best answer

How do I automatically update Google Sheets rows when an Eventbrite attendee's status changes?

• 15 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to sync Eventbrite attendees with Google Sheets, where a row is created for a new attendee or updated when a field changes.

I can see options for creating a new row when an attendee registers for an event, but I can’t figure out how to update that row when a field changes. I need the Status field to update if they change from ‘attending’ to ‘canceled’.

I can see in the management side of Eventbrite I can generate the most up-to-date list of attendees and export that as a .csv, but I need that same information to sync to Google Sheets automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 April 2024, 12:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sdg,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Eventbrite integration doesn’t support triggering on when the attendee status has been updated.

However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for looking into this, and yes please add me to that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming @sdg!

I have added you to the open feature request for the “Updated Attendee Status” trigger for Eventbrite. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

I have good news - the Updated Attendee trigger has been updated and now allows you to trigger Zaps on specific attendee statuses! 😁

There shouldn’t be any additional actions that you need to take in order to set your Zaps to watch for a specific attendee status change, but if you run into any trouble using the new Filter by status field in that trigger do let us know. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡