Question

How do I automate sending direct messages to Facebook group comments with ManyChat and Zapier?

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hey everyone! 

Is there anyone here trying to automate sending out direct messages to a Facebook group comment? I am trying to do it with ManyChat and integrate it with Facebook Groups here in Zapier, but I can’t seem to find the correct Zap flow. Can someone help me with this? Thank you in advance!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dianemthelen 

Good question.

To help us have some context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with how your ManyChat is configured.

Here are some screenshots. Bare with me on this because I’m a newbie haha let me know what should I do, so I can make it work. Really appreciate you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dianemthelen 

The User field expects a number as indicated by the 123 icon next to the field label.

The field is a dropdown list of options.

Each option listed has 2 values (top/bottom).

The top value is the friendly value.

The bottom value is the internal ID for the option.

If you are trying to map a dynamic variable, then the value must be a valid BOTTOM value.

When I try to click on the User Field, it shows these options. What does these value mean? Where did it came from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dianemthelen 

You may need to add a step:

If you want to dynamically pass a variable value for the User field it will need to a valid number that corresponds to an existing User ID.