Best answer

How do I automate Reddit posts from my RSS feed in IFTTT without manually writing titles for each post?

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

In IFTTT when I do RSS to Reddit the information to post is automatically pulled from the RSS feed but I don’t see that option trying to set this up here. It looks like I have to manually write one title for every post? Am I missing a step? Just want to set up one automated post to Reddit feed from my RSS feed. Screenshot shows where I am stuck. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 30 June 2023, 12:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @denverdonate, welcome to the Community!

If you click into the Title field a dropdown menu with a list of fields from the RSS by Zapier trigger should appear for you to select from. For example:
dee805c4c816a4eb02ecf56c917fca4b.png
So you should be able to select the title supplied by the RSS trigger so the title is automatically generated.

When you click into that Title field are you seeing any options at all? Or is it more that the fields are coming over from the RSS blank? 

If easier, you can share a screenshot to show exactly what’s appearing when you click into that Title field. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshot before sharing.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this! 🙂

When I click I have to select one title from the feed? That’s the only way it’s letting me complete the field. Isn’t there a way to have the feed pull the titles itself? If I click “New Item in feed in RSS by Zapier” it doesn’t complete the field. Or, do I just choose the field from the sample listed? (I do have a title showing) and this will just use this as a reference and pull different data from the feed when something new is posted...

I think I got it, that was a test and it’s working now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @denverdonate,

Cool! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊