Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I automate news distribution on multiple Google My Business locations using Zapier and RSS feeds?

• 28 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Bonjour, 

Nous sommes récent sur Zapier. Nous automatisons par flux RSS la diffusion des actualités sur GMB. J’ai 100 GMB différents que nous avons dégroupés pour les voir afficher dans “location”. Doit on faire un ZAP par GMB ? ou est ce qu’il y a une solution pour diffuser sur l’ensemble des établissements en même temps ? 

Sachant que nous diffusons en plus sur Facebook et Instagram.

Merci d’avance pour votre éclairage. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Caro 

Translated using Google Translate:

We are recent on Zapier. We automate the distribution of news on GMB through RSS feeds. I have 100 different GMB's which we unbundled to see displayed in "location". Should we do a ZAP by GMB? or is there a solution to broadcast to all establishments at the same time?

Knowing that we also broadcast on Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Caro 

Good question.

Perhaps you can outline a specific representative example in order for us to have a better understanding of what you are trying to configure in your Zap, thanks.

Merci beaucoup pour vos retours. Cet outil est génial. 

Par exemple :

Je publie une actualité sur notre site internet. J’utilise le flux RSS, je souhaite diffuser cette actualité en post sur les établissements Google My business. Je sélectionne mon établissement un dans location. L’actualité se publie bien sur Google My Business. Par contre j’ai 100 établissements. Je veux que la même actualité se poste sur l’ensemble des établissements. J’ai l’impression que je suis obligé de dupliquer mon ZAP cent fois pour le réaliser. Est ce le cas ? 

Google translate : 

Thank you very much for your feedback. This tool is awesome.

For example :

I am posting a news item on our website. I use the RSS feed, I want to post this news on Google My business establishments. I select my establishment one in location. The news is published well on Google My Business. On the other hand, I have 100 establishments. I want the same news to be posted on all establishments. I feel like I have to duplicate my ZAP a hundred times to achieve it. Is that the case ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Caro 

Good question.

Here’s what I’d suggest for how to configure the Zap steps to make it dynamic (at least for the GMB step).

In order to make the Zap dynamic for the GMB step you’ll need to get all of the GMB Location IDs:

Then you can use the Looping app as a step before the GMB step: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Bonjour, 

Merci pour votre retour. J’essaie de configurer la fonction “Looping”, cela me parait effectivement la bonne solution. Tout n’est pas très clair pour moi.

1. J’ai ajouté mon étape paramétré de GMB avant incluant les éléments de mon flux RSS. Mon test est Ok 
  2. j’ai ajouté Looping. Par contre, je ne comprends pas les éléments à mapper. Je met à droite l’ID de l’établissement en face le champ dynamique de GMB “Name” ? Il n’y a pas d’erreur de ZAP, mais comment vérifier que cela fonctionne bien ? 
  3. Cela veut dire que si j’ai un nouvel établissement, je dois aller le rejouter à la main dans mon ZAP.

Merci d’avance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Caro 

Please use a translation service to help us, help you.

Google Translate: https://translate.google.com

Good morning,

Thanks for your feedback.
I am trying to configure the “Looping” function, this indeed seems to me to be the right solution.
It's not all very clear to me.

I added my parameterized step from GMB before including the elements of my RSS feed. My test is OK
     I added Looping. However, I do not understand the elements to be mapped. I put the ID of the establishment on the right in front of the dynamic field of GMB “Name”? There is no ZAP error, but how to check that it works well?
     This means that if I have a new establishment, I have to add it manually in my ZAP.

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Caro 

You’ll need to manually scrape together all of your GMB Location IDs.

Then put those into a comma separated/delimited string.

Then you can use the Loop from Text action.

On the left, provide a name such as “LocationID”, on the right add in all the Location IDs that are comma separated,delimited.

Make sure to reference the available help article for using Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Thank you for your feedback, on your recommendation, so I added 3 GMB IDs to do a test. Then I would have 100 GMB. Please find the screenshots. The Zap works but...Do we have a solution to see how it works without publishing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Caro! It sounds like this worked while testing which is awesome. You’re certainly welcome to run more tests during setup if you’re comfortable with that! 

I totally hear you that it may be uncomfy running it live with 100 locations. That said, the best way to confirm all is working as expected is to turn the zap on and run it live. Perhaps you can test it with just few locations first before running it through the full list?

Keep us posted!