Question

How do I automate my Lodgify calendar with my phone's iCalendar and share it with my cleaner's Google Calendar?

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I am new to Zapier

I need to find out the answer to a few questions. My main purpose in being here is to be able to share my Lodgify calendar to my Icalender on my phone. I do this thru lodgify now and don’t see the guests name and they tell me that I have to use Zapier to do this. Ok. So now I cant see how to do this. Also, the second thing I  want to do is share my Lodgify calendar to my cleaners Google Calendar. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @Destinwaterview!  Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

While there is a Lodgify app, iCal isn’t supported at the moment. If you’re using an alternative calendar service like Gmail this may still be achievable though!

I know you mentioned you’re interested in sharing your calendar, which is great. Zapier works off a series of triggers and actions though so for example: "When this (trigger) happens in Lodgify, do that (action) in Gmail." 

Looking at some of the triggers available in Lodgify, do any of those sounds like they line up with what you’re looking to achieve? 

The good news is if you do think Gmail is a solid alternative it would make sharing your calendar with your cleaner fairly easily.

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

In addition there’s this incredible article my teammate Danvers wrote on working through if and how Zapier can help:

I hope some of this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️

So let’s say I do a google calendar. I want to sync lodgify but it needs to synch any changes too. 
ie giest books, then makes date changes or cancels. It needs to show when they check in and when they check out. 
my programmer son was trying to help me. Seems like a lot of different zaps and maintenance.  
any specific answers to  what we are trying to do

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Destinwaterview 

If you’re using Google Calendar to sync with Lodgify, then you can do that by clicking this link: https://zapier.com/apps/lodgify/integrations/google-calendar

There are several integrations you can do with these two apps. However, what is the trigger app?

Google Calendar has “New or Updated Event” that you can use for trigger so it triggers when an event is created or updated (except when it's cancelled). But Lodgify doesn’t support action steps at the moment.

That said, if you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

I want to ensure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction. Looking forward to your response! 😊