Best answer

How do I attach an Excel file to Gmail when a new Facebook Leads is updated?

Hi,

I have this following scenario. 

I have one excel file which will automatically updates when i get new lead from facebook lead ads. I want to attach this excel file in my gmail attachment. When i try to attach it only gives me the values that the excel file does have. But i want this to attach as file. So that mail receiver can able to receive this as a file. 

Can you please help me with this issue. 

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 June 2022, 00:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Amrish 

Good question.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

If you’re using Microsoft, then use this Zap action to get the file: OneDrive - Find File

If you’re using Google, then use this Zap action to get the file: GDrive - Find File

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Amrish! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this sorted with Troy’s suggestions? Keep us posted! 🤗

Hi sir, 

My files won’t visible when i try to send mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry to hear that, @Amrish! Do you mind sharing your current zap setup and any errors you’re seeing with us? This might help us troubleshoot with ya. Looking forward to digging into this with you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Amrish!

Just checking in here, do you still need some help with this? If so, would you be able to share more details about your Zap? Is the file stored in Microsoft OneDrive or in Google Drive? Thanks!

Hi @Amrish!

Just checking in here, do you still need some help with this? If so, would you be able to share more details about your Zap? Is the file stored in Microsoft OneDrive or in Google Drive? Thanks!

Hi @Danvers  my google sheet was stored in google drive. i want to update the leads automatically whenever i get leads from fb ads. and send this updated sheet to my client everyday @ 10 A.M. Please help me with the flow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Amrish! If this needs to be sent as a URL, you can simply past the URL into the body of the email within your action template. Otherwise, I am guessing you are wanting the file object to attach to the email. In that case, you’d likely want to follow the advice/answer from this post: