Question

How do I apply conditional formatting to distinguish orders by color in Google Sheets when importing from Shopify?

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I’m pulling all of my orders from Shopify to a google sheet, and as the orders comes in it breaks down to line items so every order have several lines, how can i colorize the cells to distinguish between orders? Like have another background color for the rows - for example -->

{ID} #10-1234     1x White Shirt
{ID}

#10-1234

1x Blue Pants

{ID} #10-1235     1x White Shirt
{ID} #10-1236    

1x Gray Pants

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Elad_Tan, welcome to the Community!

Ah, I did some checking and it looks like the Google Sheets app isn’t currently able to set the background color of cells in a row. There’s an existing feature request open for this though so I’ve added your vote to that. I don’t have any ETA on when that might become possible but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, I wonder if you could use conditional formatting within Google Sheets to set the alternating colors? 

I can, but i want the orders populated automatically with the formatting. Any ideas how to do it? It doesn’t have to be the background color..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Elad_Tan,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a workaround for this at the moment. The only solution here is to wait for the feature request to be implemented. However, you might want to consider consulting with one of our certified Zapier Experts to see if they can help you create a custom integration that meets your specific needs. You can reach out to our Zapier Experts team by clicking here: https://zapier.com/experts.

We understand that this can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. We're always here to help! 😊