Question

How do I add a delay to my Zap from Google Forms to Google Calendar?

• 14 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello Zapier Community, 

I wanted to ask how to add a delay to a Zap that transfers entries from a Google Form linked to Google Sheets to Google Calendar? Is this only available under the advanced settings and if so, which subscription level is the cheapest that I can find this option?

I am trying to solve the basic problem of the gap between when the customer enters an appointment request in the form and when the appointment request appears on my Google Calendar page. I need it to delay until the customer specified they would need their service completed. 

Best, 

Joseph

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mikey G's Brake and Rotor Inc. 

Good question.

Zaps with 3+ steps require a Zapier paid plan: https://zapier.com/app/billing/plans

Why would you need to delay adding the data to GCal if the date is in the future anyways?

Thank you, that’s what I suspected. Zapier’s Zaps enter the data instantly when someone knocks over the first domino in the chain. The problem came when I tested my Zap imitating when a potential customer enters their data into the GForm (domino 1). The data from user inputs are transferred instantly to my specified GSheet and then was transferred instantly through to GCal. Is there any other way to work around this problem without paying money to access the delay feature? I need to delay the second data transfer from GSheets to GCal by a specific “time” field in the GForm at the beginning of the Zap. Any thoughts, @Troy Tessalone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mikey G's Brake and Rotor Inc. 

A possible workaround is to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (filter, sort, etc.)

Airtable Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Also, Airtable has Automations, which have a native integration with GCal.

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to see Troy was able to assist here, @Mikey G's Brake and Rotor Inc. 🙂

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do keep us updated on how you get on with that workaround Troy suggested here.