Skip to main content
Best answer

How can I view a Zap's full content without overwriting others' drafts when reviewing a colleague's work?

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I'm doing a review of a Zap written by another colleague, but I don't see any place where I can view the full content unless I click the edit button, but this triggers draft and seems to overwrite others’ draft, how can I avoid this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Oliu, welcome to the Community! 

The draft version that is created would only overwrite the current set up of the Zap if the draft version is published.

If your colleague then made changes to the Zap, another draft version would be created. When a new draft version is created it is copied from the version that is currently in use. It wouldn’t make a copy of the draft version that was created by you. 

So as long as you’re not making any edits and then publishing the draft version that you’ve made, the draft version would be harmless and should be fine to ignore. Hope that helps to clarify! 🙂

Hey @Oliu, welcome to the Community! 

The draft version that is created would only overwrite the current set up of the Zap if the draft version is published.

If your colleague then made changes to the Zap, another draft version would be created. When a new draft version is created it is copied from the version that is currently in use. It wouldn’t make a copy of the draft version that was created by you. 

So as long as you’re not making any edits and then publishing the draft version that you’ve made, the draft version would be harmless and should be fine to ignore. Hope that helps to clarify! 🙂

Thank you.🙏🏼