Best answer

How can I use Zapier to post a Slack Message with markdown Formatting?

• 21 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

When I have my Slack message post using Markdown Language, it just posts the code without any formatting.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way around this?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 23 May 2023, 08:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TMurray,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Especially, the part where the issue is coming from? Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hey Ken - thanks for the response.

Below is the Action that should be posting the message to Slack along with how it comes through. I’ve tried adding the backticks to the Message Text but I get the same result in Slack where it just shows the code instead of the Markdown-formatted message (bottom image - this is just me testing an example):

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TMurray,

Thanks for the additional details.

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the Zapier Slack integration doesn’t support markdown formatting at the moment. I have added your vote to the open feature request as another interested user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

I apologize for the inconvenience, but for now, there isn't a workaround available. However, you have the option to hire one of our certified Zapier Experts who can assist you in achieving the workflow you're looking for. Feel free to contact our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @TMurray,

You are most welcome!

I’m glad I was able to help by adding your vote to the open feature request.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊