Best answer

How can I trigger a release in Azure DevOps?

• 3 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We are looking at migrating to Zapier from our existing automation platform. But have come across a blockers.

Using other automation platforms, I am able to trigger a release in Azure DevOps. But I can't figure out how to do that in Zapier. I only see options to trigger a build, and create/link work items. This is really handy, as it allows us to schedule releases during non-working hours simply by creating an event in our Calendars (google calendar).

I did get an error (response type not supported) the first time I tried to connect the DevOps account, but the second attempt it connected fine. I am wondering if something went wrong with my connection for it not to give me this options.

If this is a Zapier limitation, is there a known workaround?

Thanks,

~S

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 March 2020, 11:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sheamus, thanks for writing in.

You mentioned that you're trying to trigger a release in Azure DevOps by the trigger being a new calendar event in Google Calendar. Our currently supported triggers are outlined here: https://zapier.com/apps/azure-devops/integrations/zapier

May I trouble you to send in that screenshot of the error you had received? This would be helpful to determine what may have happened or if it's an entirely separate issue.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I am unable reproduce the error now. But I do see all the actions on the link you supplied, so I believe it is working. Are there plans to support the action to initiate a release?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The Azure DevOps integration is owned and maintained by the Azure DevOps team, so we don't know what their plans are for that.

If you'd like to request that that action be added, the best thing to do is to contact our support team https://zapier.com/app/contact-us and ask them to add it as a feature request for you 😊