Best answer

How can I transfer Instagram Business account DM data to a Google Sheet/Excel to analyze customer feedback?

• 13 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

How do I automate transfer of Instagram Business account’s DM data to an excel sheet/google sheet in order to analyse customer data/feedback?

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 January 2023, 11:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @g_tanvi, great question! 🙂

In order to do that you’d need to set up a Zap that triggers from new DMs in Instagram and uses a Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action. I did some checking and couldn’t find an existing “New Direct Message” trigger for the Instagram Business app. But, there’s an existing feature request open for this type of trigger, so I’ve added your vote for that. That way we’ll be able to notify you as soon as it becomes available to use in your Zaps.

That feature has previously been discussed in Community so we’ll be sure to post any updates on the main topic for it here:

In the meantime, are you able to get email notifications sent from Instagram whenever someone sends a DM? If you can and they contain the DM data you’re after then you could set up a Zap that triggers from those emails (Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails) and then adds them into a new row in Google Sheets. Could that approach work for you?