Best answer

How can I stop my Zap from auto-generating new cases in Jira?

Userlevel 1

Integrated Wati with Jira using Zapier. But cases are being auto-generated. How to resolve it?

icon

Best answer by jesse 16 May 2022, 18:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @skybooktravels! Hope all is well on your end, let me see if I can help you with this!

Can you share a bit more about the workflow you’re trying to automate?

It sounds like the Zap may be triggering unintentionally and creating new cases in Jira, is that correct? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @skybooktravels just wanted to follow up here! I was reading through your conversations with one of our support members (Luis) and will paste their response here to close the loop and help others who may be experiencing a similar issue: 

The tasks were consumed due to getting caught in a Zap Loop. I added a screenshot to make this a bit more intuitive and then a description of "how" this happened.

ac11149b3214b8d178dc0b28abeb3e90.png
(view larger)

Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps right now. Think of Zaps as one-way workflows. This help doc has some more info.

Instead, Zaps have one trigger (when this thing happens) and one or more actions (then do this other thing). So it's possible to have a trigger with one app and then send data into another app, a one-way flow of data.

The issue here is that we're creating a loop. Zap loops occur when an action step in one Zap causes the trigger of the same or another Zap to run excessively, creating a never-ending loop (until their task limit has been exceeded).

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help building those Zaps. I'm here to help!