Question

How can I send multiple email attachments in one email using Zapier?

• 1 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I have set up a Zap in Zapier that triggers on a new attachment. The Zap recognizes the email that the attachment has come from and saves every attachment in the related contact in Salesforce. This has worked well so far.

Now, I want to add another step to the Zap. I want to send an email to my sales team with all of the attachments from the same email together. The reason I'm using this Zap is because I need the contact from Salesforce as part of my next email subject.

The problem is that Zapier is sending one email for every attachment. Is there any way to send all of the attachments I've got in one email together to my sales team?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions on how to achieve this. Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Tomtidhar 

Thank you for explaining the situation and sending the screenshot.

Could you also send screenshots of how you set up each steps? This would allow me to check further. (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Per checking our documents, you can add multiple attachments to the email so long as there’s more than one attachment from the trigger.

Looking forward to your response! 😊

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I hope this can help you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Tomtidhar 

I tried creating a Zap with the same action, “Send Email” in Gmail. And I noticed that you can add multiple attachments to the “Attachment” field. Please see the screenshot below.

Though I see that there may be a problem using this, namely, inconsistent number of attachments. This would work if you have a fixed number of multiple attachments.

That said, are the number of attachments fixed on every email?

Looking forward to your response! 😊

While I appreciate that the system allows for attachments, I seem to be limited to uploading only one at a time. Despite the fact that there are three attachments in this email, I'm only given the option to select one. Could you kindly advise if there is a way to upload multiple attachments, or if this is a limitation of the system? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time."

I included three attachments in my email, and while Zapier acknowledged their presence, it only allowed me to send one.

I have attached the email I received after attempting to include the attachments three times. As you can see, I only managed to send one attachment. It appears that Zapier is reading all three attachments, but only permitting one to be used for some reason.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Could someone please kindly assist me if possible? I am wondering if anyone might have the knowledge or expertise to offer some guidance or support. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Tomtidhar 

You mentioned you tried to send three attachments in one attempt, were they zipped when it went through?