Question

How can I link sorted views from Zapier Tables to Interfaces?

• 13 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I'm new with Zapier Tables and Interfaces. Just the first experiment.

I would like to publish (embed) an interface using the  “table component” with raws sorted as I want. Not like the order of the reference table.

I know it is possible to create table views with the order i need.

Would be possibile to link that view to the interface?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @fabrizio7018. Welcome to the Community! 👋

It’s not possible to display a specific view or sort the records but you can add dynamic filters to the table that’s displayed to potentially recreate a similar view.

To do that you’d need to hover over the table and click on the edit button:

fdb7be47303b557cbcf4f4c3fad8c40c.png

Next, click on the Data tab, then click on the Filter + button:

d56d751e00356e845e02ba062fae391c.png

Set up the relevant filter(s):

c175e78dc0e71380bb8cfd777165c57c.png

That will then filter the table records as per the filter conditions:

22a4606b201cd245b6e90f65b3e4ba8d.png

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that just let me know - happy to help further! 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB This is the “Dynamic Filters” feature that requires the Advanced Interfaces plan, right?

I wish I could sort by a column header on the lower plans, it seems like a basic feature that would be appreciated. Or some parts of filtering that don’t require Advanced (if I don’t need most of the other features), like non-user-specific sort order that’s viewable by everyone.

Earlier in an email on a related note, I requested a way to sort date reverse-chronologically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s correct @TORLEY. 🙂 Currently dynamic filtering can only be used on the Interfaces Advanced plan. Sorry for not making that clearer in my previous post here. 

I couldn’t see a recent email in the system here that spoke about sorting by date in reverse order, was that regarding a different app that you wanted to have that functionality in as well? 

To sort the records in a table component you would have to manually do that by clicking on the sort icons for that column when viewing in on the Interfaces page:
c38cfa66483a0685059b7e2d94d84b0a.png

But that would only sort the records for you as you’re viewing it. The original sorting would remain for anyone else viewing the table as it isn’t possible to set the sort order on the table component itself so that everyone viewing it will have custom sorting applied. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests to have that sort of functionality added it may be worth submitting that idea to the Interfaces team here

Sorry to not have better news on that but hope the above helps to clarify things. Let me know if you have any further questions at all!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB To clarify, the functionality I want is simply to SORT a table on an Interfaces page and have it persist for everyone. Not even any “Advanced plan” filtering, just change the column sort order. I’ll submit the idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @TORLEY. Very sorry that the functionality to change the default the column sort order on a table component isn’t available to use right now.

Once that idea has been submitted and a feature request has been opened, we’ll be able to start tracking interest in that and let you know if/when it’s implemented. 🙂