Best answer

How can I include line breaks in the body of my Outlook email?

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

How can I make sure that the body text in my automatically sent mail does not consist of one line? Using 'enters' doesn't work for me....

icon

Best answer by PaulDavidson 19 August 2022, 15:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey there @TimD 

Welcome to the community, Good Question!

With our Outlook app you can choose whether you use HTML or Text as the message format.

If HTML is selected, then you would have to use html tags to indicate line breaks or hyperlinks.

If you select Text as your format then the email should respect how the text is formatted in the Body field of the action step (so enters would work).

Perhaps you have HTML selected at the moment? Could you send us a screenshot of how you have that configured?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

That is strange, I wonder if that is to do with your email client? Perhaps you can send the email to a different email address if you have one just to test that theory out.

I would probably suggest switching to HTML, There is a handy guide here on a shortcut for that if you aren't so comfortable with HTML