Best answer

How can I get the event date in Google Calendar to show up as the due date in ClickUp?

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to set up a zap that will create a new ClickUp task when an event is created on my Google Calendar. I have everything BUT the date showing up. I’ve tried multiple times to get the event date to show up as the due date. 

This worked perfectly when I set up a similar zap from Calendly to ClickUp so I am not sure what I’m missing. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 June 2022, 23:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @caitlinharrisoncreative 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your ClickUp Zap step is configured in order for us to have more context.

Make sure you are using the timestamp that’s in this format: YYYY-MM-DD

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone!

Here is what I am seeing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@caitlinharrisoncreative 

Some things to try…

The time zone offset (e.g. -04:00) at the end of the timestamp may be interfering.

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Format step in your Zap to convert the value from GCal.

Per the ClickUp API docs, the Due Date format may need to be a UNIX timestamp.

You can use a Formatter > Date / Time > Format step in your Zap to convert the value from GCal.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone This is what I’m seeing, it still won’t put the time in the due date area of the clickup task. What am I missing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@caitlinharrisoncreative 

You want a different To Format w/o the HH:mm:ss Z

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone It looks like the other options that start with YYYY will lose the time of day? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@caitlinharrisoncreative

You can use the ‘Custom’ option to specify your desired Timestamp format:

Or try the X option from the list to get in UNIX format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @caitlinharrisoncreative! I wanted to pop in and see if Troy’s recommendations did the trick? Keep us posted, we’d love to know how you’re getting along. 🤗

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d It didn’t work but I have it working now. I think the Zap automations were fighting with the ClickUp automations (I was trying add a task template at the same time) and it was causing the date to be overridden. All good now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think the Zap automations were fighting with the ClickUp automations (I was trying add a task template at the same time) and it was causing the date to be overridden. 

Woohoo! So glad to hear you got this up and running. We love to see it. 

Thanks for keeping us updated on how you were able to fix it! 🤗