Question

How can I get notifications for charges without direct Zapier bank integrations?

• 20 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I see that Zapier isn't connected to TD, Chase, Amex and Mint Personal Finance. Anyone have any creative ideas for what to do so I can get a notification each time I have a charge?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Jneuhoff 

Certainly! If Zapier isn't directly connected to TD, Chase, Amex, or Mint Personal Finance, there are some potential workarounds to get notifications for each charge:

1. Email Notifications:

• Many banks and credit card companies offer email or SMS notifications for transactions.
    • Enable transaction alerts in your bank or credit card settings.
    • Use the Zapier Gmail (or another email provider) integration to trigger an action whenever you receive a new transaction notification email.
  2. Third-party Financial Apps:

• There are some third-party financial apps that might integrate with your bank and also have Zapier connections. If you're comfortable, you can connect your bank to one of these services and then use its Zapier integration to set up your notifications.

Webhooks:
      • If your bank provides API access (which might be the case for developers or business accounts), you can set up webhooks to notify you of transactions. This would involve some programming knowledge.
    • RSS Feeds:

• Some banks or financial software might offer transaction details through RSS feeds. If this is available, you can use Zapier's RSS by Zapier app to trigger notifications based on new items in the feed.
    • Custom Integration:

• If you're tech-savvy or have access to developers, you can potentially create a custom integration using Zapier's Webhooks or the Developer Platform.