Best answer

How can I get my Zapier trigger to fire only once when multiple tasks are created in Asana?

• 7 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone! 

I set up a Zap to send me an email whenever a new task is created in an Asana board I’m part of. On this board the admins drop a bunch of assignments at once during a two-hour window. The Zap notifies me about the drop so I don’t have to camp in Asana for two hours and I can get new assignments before they are all gone. It’s awesome! 

EXCEPT -- each day the admins create multiple tasks, one per assignment. I end up with 15 emails when I only want one.

How do I get a zap to trigger only once, instead of sending 15? It’s killing my “number of tasks per month!” 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 September 2023, 21:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Aryana33 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

You may want to look into using the Digest app, but that likely won’t reduce your Task usage.

Userlevel 1

Thanks! 

It’s pretty simple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Aryana33 

With the Zap trigger of Asana New Task in Project, it will trigger for each New Task in Project.

If there is some unique value in a Task, then you can use a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1

Thank you! What I was hoping is that I could limit my zap to triggering once in 12 hours, or something. 

What filter parameters are available in the Filter App? I couldn’t find a list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Aryana33 

It’s up to you to set the Filter conditions based on variable values from previous Zap steps.

What I was hoping is that I could limit my zap to triggering once in 12 hours, or something. 

You’d have to log these somehow to be able to check against and then filter.

That Zap design would actually use more Tasks than the 2-step Zap you have.

Userlevel 1

Ah ok. Thank you for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome! I’m glad Troy was able to clear things up @Aryana33!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗