Best answer

How can I extract phone numbers from Google Calendar events for Twilio SMS reminders?

• 17 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like to send an SMS message using Twilio to remind a customer of an upcoming event on my Google Calendar.   Is there a way to extract a phone number from my Calendar event to be used for the “To number” in the Twilio Send SMS event?

I currently have the customers number in the notes section of the Calendar Event, but if there is a better way I’ll be all in!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 18 January 2024, 00:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bfackrell 

Yes, add this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Extract Phone Number

Userlevel 1

Hi @bfackrell 

Yes, add this Zap action: Formatter > Text > Extract Phone Number

Perfect!  Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s a great news @bfackrell! Thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Hello,

Completely new to zapier, i want to do similar actions but sending email instead of SMS.

I could configure finding the event and sending the email, however, i would like to extract the customer first name, the appointment date, time of start and end time, booking number and other informations contained in the google calendar description. Especially for the booking number, i am not able to get it with formatter “extract pattern”. What input to enter ? what about the other settings ? ( Pattern, Match All, MULTILINE, DOTALL, IGNORECASE).

Sorry for my ignorance b​​​​​​ut i have been reading the help for hours and can not figure how to do this.

Hope someone can help

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Leaser101,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send a screenshot on how the description in Google Calendar is structured? This will help me determine if the Formatter action is the right app for this.

Thanks!