Best answer

How can I download google sheets data

• 15 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello team,

Basically I have some information in a google sheets that I need to share with a company. This company does not have access to google, so I need to send an email every Wednesday with this information in an excel. What I need: Understand how I can download this information from google sheets directly by email (and it's an average of 200 lines) Is there any way to download a google sheets through zapier?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 July 2022, 12:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Renato Alves!

You can do this without needing to download the information from the sheet by attaching the Google Sheet as a csv file. Excel should be able to open the csv file, even though it was originally a Google sheet. To get the CSV file of the Google Sheet, you need to add a Google Drive Find File step in the Zap before the email step. Set up the step so that it can find the Google Sheets file, the output of that step will include details of the file, including a Csv file of the sheet.

In your Zap, create a Gmail New Email step (or you can use whichever email app you prefer), which means that the Zap will automatically send an email. In the attachment field, use the ‘File Csv’ field from the Find File step:

That will attach a csv file of the Google Sheet to the email, which can be opened by an Excel user. 

I hope that’s clear, let me know if you have any questions!