Best answer

How can I create a list and templated card in Trello when a Jotform form is submitted?

Hi i want when a jotform is submitted trello should create a list, and in the list a card with one of the templates we have?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 July 2022, 23:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sipntalk 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: Trello - Create List
  3. Action: Trello - Create Card
    1. Map the List ID to the List field

Hi the system only lets me do one action, see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sipntalk 

You can add another step below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @sipntalk! Just checking in to see how things are going here! Were you able to try Troy’s suggestion of having 2 Trello actions in this workflow, one to create the list and another to create a card within the list? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re able to get up and running with your Zap!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends! I wanted to swing by and summarize some of Troy’s responses. 

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: Trello - Create List
  3. Action: Trello - Create Card
    1. Map the List ID to the List field

Essentially, 2 Trello actions are needing in this workflow - one to create the list and another to create a card within the list.

If you’re needing any help with mapping custom values in a list you can check out this resource here!
https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps

I hope this helps! 🤗