Question

How can I clear data in HubSpot after a corresponding record is created in Kintone?

• 13 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I would like to change the HubSpot company after a record is created in Kintone.I was able to rewrite the existing data, but I would like to clear the data entered in HubSpot, but I can't.Is there a way?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tanaka. Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Hmm, I’m not sure it would be possible to clear the existing value. Usually for “Update” actions a blank field will be ignored so that you only have to select values for the fields you want to update with new values.

Does the Kintone record that’s created contain the name of the company that the existing HubSpot Company would need to be updated to? If so, you could select that value for the field on the Update Company (HubSpot) action to update the company name.

But if it’s more that the company name needs to be removed perhaps you could enter --- or Unknown into the relevant company name field on the Update Company (HubSpot) action instead? It wouldn’t clear the value but the existing company name would be removed and replaced with --- for example.

Would that approach work for your needs here or am I misunderstanding what you’re wanting to do here? Looking forward to hearing from you!