Question

How a status change in Jira will update item status on Monday?

• 13 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey

Once i drag a ticket to Done on Jira, i want to update the status of a specific item on Monday.

How can I do it?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @EthanEtt, hope you’re doing well!

With the workflow mentioned, I suggest try creating a Zap with the following steps:

The general idea is that the Zap would trigger from an updated issue. The filter checks if the status of the updates issue is “done.” This then proceeds to find a Monday.com item and update it using the Change Multiple Columns step.

I hope that helps get you started!

Userlevel 1

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your reply

I’m still struggling to create this Zap - i think the issue is with the ‘Change multiple columns value in Monday.com’.

I cant see how i can choose the right column to change in Monday. I have a column named Status which i want to change once i change the status of a ticket in Jira, but it doesnt appear on zapier. What am i missing here?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @EthanEtt!

The information you’re looking for should be under the little drop down (⌄) next to “Updated Jira Software Cloud” in your first screenshot. Might have to scroll a bit once you hit the drop down as it tends to bring over a ton of data!

And just for reference, what you’re seeing there is the custom field letting you choose from all the information this Zap has gathered so far. It would be a lot and rather confusing if it was all in one big list, so we make it a bit easier to dig through by separating and letting you use the drop downs.

Userlevel 1

Hi Jillian,

What would be the best way to identify the issue in the zap I’m trying to create? Its still not working and I really need it done.

Many thanks

Itay

Userlevel 1

@Jillian 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @EthanEtt 

I'm sorry you’re still having trouble with your Zap.

Have you received an error message when trying to run the Zap? If so, please send a screenshot of the error.